A Location is a custom area on your map. It can be set as a radius around one spot, or as a custom shape that you draw.
Locations can be used to:
- Identify a starting or destination point
- Easily track the activity of Users and Assets
- Associate a project with a specific physical location
Locations can be viewed in the Dropdown list in the Temeda Map view or by selecting Admin > Locations in the menu.
Creating a New Location
- Click the Add Location button at the top of the Locations window.
- Choose a Location Name and a Location Shape
- Location description
- Location Type
- Coordinates: click on the Enter Coordinates button and it will show fields for Latitude and Longitude. Enter the coordinates and press the Set Coordinates button. This will update the Address field to match the location found.
- Draw the Location, click the Begin Drawing button. If you entered coordinates using the ‘Enter Coordinates’ option, you will be brought to a map will be centered on the location you specified. Once at the map view, you can Draw either a Circle or a Polygon Location.
Drawing the Location
- Circle tool: select a center point, and expand the radius to any size. You can drag the Circle to any other location
- Polygon tool: draw the exact shape you need to create the Location.
The Address information will be automatically entered after drawing the Location.
Click the Save button in the bottom right corner of the window to complete the Location.
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the Location you wish to modify. IMAGEHERE
- Edit the Location Name, Description, Type, and/or redraw the Location.
- Click the Save button in the bottom right corner of the window.
Locations can be set as Active or Inactive. This allows customers to keep all Locations in the system but to activate only those items in use to keep the user interface clean and un-cluttered.
Only active items will show in the Accordion and Alerts. Inactive items will still show up on the Admin Menu so that they can be re-activated or deleted.
Deleting a Location
- From the Locations window, click dropdown next to edit.
- Click Delete, Once you confirm that you want to delete the Location, it will be removed from the system.
- You can export Locations as comma-separated values by clicking the Export Data button on the Locations window.
- The file should save to the computer’s Downloads folder